Regent Preparatory School's annual dinner auction, Starry Night, is the only schoolwide fundraising event of the year. This year's auction is scheduled for February 1, 2020 at Southern Hills Country Club.
Gift Gathering 2019
The following information is designed as a resource for Regent families to use during our annual Gift Gathering. If you are a business wishing to contribute to the auction, please contact our Auction Coordinator at (918) 663-1002 ext. 260.
Select any of the buttons below to download the corresponding information or resource as you prepare to help with Gift Gathering.
Gathering gifts for our auction by our school families is a way to bring all of us together as a community while creating the opportunity to raise funds for our school. Plus, it alleviates a huge workload for the auction committee.
Think of what YOU would like to purchase ... be creative and think outside the box! Gift cards are nice, but how about dinner for 6 in your home prepared by a local chef? The list of ideas is endless and we have an item wishlist designated to helping generate some of the many ideas. Remember, you are gathering the gift in October for an event that is in February.
The official time for gathering gifts is Tuesday, October 1 to Thursday, October 31.
There are two ways to drop off your gift ... pick the most convenient one for you!
- You can drop off your gift with Mrs. Smith in the RamShop (with completed Auction Donation Form).
- You can drop off your gift at chapel each Friday during the Gift Gathering period (with completed Auction Donation Form).
- Merchants: Are you a regular customer somewhere? Don’t be shy about asking for a donation. If you don’t ask, another school or organization will! This is great advertising for them.
- Friends and Neighbors: Tell them you are trying to think of something unique and valuable for our school auction; they may give you direction!
- Cold Calls: Something new you would like to see at the auction? Pick up the phone or visit that merchant. Explain that their item/service would be great at our auction, receiving exposure for their business! All item donors will receive recognition in the Auction Program.
Visit, call, email, follow up!
- Visit: You can drop in or call ahead to ensure the decision maker is there.
- Call: Ask for the company donation policy or the name of the decision maker.
- Email: Almost every business, hotel, resort or restaurant has a website. It’s an easy way to ask for goods or services.
- Follow up: It may take more than an email, visit or phone call to procure the item. Some merchants “hold” your request until a follow up call is made. Once a gift is secured, please send a personal thank you to the business who donated the item. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT!
Three tools that will come in handy are included in this packet:
- Gift Gathering Letter (A sample was enclosed in the packet sent home, you can copy it or download the link from the email that includes this same packet of information to print more. You are also welcome to write your own letter.)
- Tax Exempt/501 (c)(3) Documentation
- Auction Donation Form (MUST accompany EVERY donation)
If you leave the form with a merchant to consider giving, be sure to include your family name and student names, along with a contact number in case they send the form in directly to Regent. We recommend you follow up with them directly, but just in case, we want to make sure your students are credited and receive their reward.
We have created a SignUp Genius link (coming soon) that will help in reducing that possibility. Simply go online and sign up for what business you will solicit. If the business you wanted to ask is already taken, grab another one or choose one not on the list! If you are working with other families from your student’s class, you are welcome to create your own SignUp Genius as a way to communicate what you are bringing for the class to donate together. Remember, when you first approach a business, it is best to ask if anyone has talked to them about Regent’s auction before you ask for a specific donation.
Don't forget ... the most important thing is to always say Thank You!
Use our SignUp Genius (coming soon) to let us know which business you would like to approach about donating to our Regent Starry Night auction fundraiser. Or maybe you have a business or talent you'd like to share as your donation. There's a spot to list that, too! Please see the information packet sent home with the students for more information.